Airways Systems is currently accepting applications to join Airways for a career in our Service Department starting as a service technicians. Service Technicians work as part of a crew under the leadership of a Team Leader to perform a wide variety of commercial and industrial cleaning jobs for Airways’ customers.
More about Working at Airways Systems
Airways has a small-company atmosphere where everybody knows each other and anybody can speak directly to the owner if they have a complaint or a suggestion. The company deals with its employees in a respectful, straightforward and fair way.
After 90 days, Airways offers attractive benefits:
- Airways covers most of the cost of employee health care coverage
- Long-term disability insurance is free
- Dental coverage is available at group rates
- Service Technicians begin to earn generous vacation benefits and enjoy paid holidays immediately upon employment
- The company makes contributions each year for each eligible employee to its retirement plan, without any matching or vesting requirements – but employees have the option to make their own pre-tax contributions to the plan
- Airways provides uniforms at no charge.
- Weekend work is always at time-and-a-half wages
Airways puts a high value on safety and is always working to improve its safety program. We turn down jobs where we have safety concerns which we cannot resolve, and we encourage our service department staff to back off from risky situations even if it slows down completion of the job
Although our jobs are all over the Chicagoland area, Airways offers the opportunity to meet up at a specific place in the city and get free transportation to the job
Airways pays year-end bonuses based on company and individual performance
Successful Service Technicians have the opportunity to be promoted to the Team Leader position, which means being the top Airways person on the job site and running the job